EduKit’s Response to COVID-19
Here at EduKit, we want to ensure you we are doing everything possible to ensure the safety of our team while providing uncompromising quality of service in response to the spread of COVID-19.
Since 1993, we have been committed to equipping schools, students, and parents with unbeatable school supplies, and that remains the case during this challenging time. Our team continues to focus on providing superior customer service by maintaining positive, forward-thinking attitudes to navigate through these difficulties.
Protecting the Health and Safety of Our Team
In order to serve schools and students, we first must protect the safety of our team at EduKit. That’s our top priority at this time, and we are following many safety measures to make it happen:
- Work From Home — Employees who can work home and do not need to be at the warehouse will do so. If members of our team are not currently set up to work from home, they will be given the resources to do so, including a laptop and monitor.
- Staggered Shifts — No more than four staff members will be in the office at once. This allows us to maintain a working environment while still practicing social distancing. Staggered shifts have been set up and assigned on a Monday-Wednesday or Tuesday-Thursday schedule. Team members are able to work from home during the remaining days of the week as needed.
- Sanitization — Sanitization requirements and cleaning schedules have been communicated and set in place. Our facility is equipped with hand sanitizer, informational posters, and other practices that improve our cleanliness. We have adjusted workstations to provide 6 feet of distance per station. To protect the safety of our team and community, visitors are prohibited at this time.
- Meetings — To prevent gatherings, all of our conference rooms will be closed. All meetings are encouraged to be conducted remotely over the course of at least two weeks.
- Shipping and Receiving — To limit any potential contact with those infected, we are only shipping sample kits on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Likewise, we have restricted our receiving hours to Monday-Thursday from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Our receiving protocol has also been updated to ensure safe handling of all of our school supplies.
- Special Cases — As the spread of COVID-19 has expanded, we have made special arrangements for two of our employees whose exposure to the virus was heightened. One employee who returned home from a highly impacted area (Seattle, Washington) has been asked to work exclusively from home for the time being. Another employee living with someone returning from international travel has received the same guidelines.
2020-2021 School Supply Kits
We understand that it is a crucial time for school coordinators to begin preparing for the ensuing school year. No matter how difficult that is, we are here to provide support and guidance throughout these trying times.
At EduKit, we have been in constant communication with our suppliers and have ample resources to begin building our school supply kits in the coming months. If you have not yet set up your school supply kit program at your school, our account managers are eager to help you customize a program that tailors to the needs of students, teachers, and parents.
Now more than ever, it’s imperative that we stick together. Please remember that we are here for you, we’re committed to your school, and we’re willing to do whatever it takes to set your school up for success. Feel free to reach out to us for more information on our response to COVID-19, or to begin customizing your 2020-2021 school supply kits.